So much I want to share, so little to say. So it's a random information day!
At some point, that sounded good in my head.
- I was taking the trash out the other night when I spotted movement. My eyesight has never been all that great (I once tried petting my purse, thinking it was my cat), but it was definitely moving. Knowing an opossum lived somewhere in the vicinity and that he had a strong aversion to me watering my plants at 11:00 pm, I assumed it was him. To assume it was a "him" was to make an ass out of u and me (or just me as is the case here) because the closer I got to the dumpsters, the more obvious it became that it was an entire family of opossums at the dumpster, thus making "he" a "she." Either way, I immediately turned around and went to the other end of the parking lot to use those dumpsters as I have a deep-rooted dislike of opossums. So until further notice, I'm claiming that the dumpsters are being held hostage by a family of opossums.
- Speaking of taking out the trash.... I decided to give online dating another shot. Not only was Clark one of my top matches, but I've gotten two note-worthy responses so far. This one came in from a-casanovas: "Hey beatiful u want full body massge cudle and more and I make u happy?;) give me try." And then this one came in from jefftha: "Aka I want to lay you on your stomach, kiss softly down your back and bury my face somewhere sweet ;)" Am I being picky because I want nothing to do with guys who immediately make sexually suggestive remarks and have no idea what grammar, spelling, and punctuation are?
- My mom bought me a basil plant the other day. I fried (literally) the one I had originally and she got this one for a good price. Apparently while she was carrying it around the store, a man asked if she was planning on stringing Christmas lights on it in December.
- At lunch the other day, one of our attorneys I'll call Farmy remarked that Misty Rae Treanor, one of the women on the USA Beach Volleyball team, was looking a little chunky. This is the same man who earlier in the day had said, "I could give a fuck about the Winter Olympics. But with my career in track and field, the Summer Olympics are near and dear to my heart." And by career, he meant he threw shot put at U of M. I got up and left.
- In both good and bad online dating news.... I conversed with a man who wore a saucepan, backwards, as a hat in his picture. He was grammatically correct, cute and everything. Unfortunately, he deleted his account the following morning.
- I'm in need of some extra cash. I've considered becoming a Stella & Dot representative as well as a Pure Romance rep. I used to rep Stampin' Up, but it's a very limited client base and I made no money at it as I was my own best customer. Refer back to the Mo Livin' Large Facebook page to cast your vote.
- Went to a party for my boss the other night where I had a fabulous drink called Slice of Life that was custom-made for our party. Think of a Mojito. Okay, now... replace the rum with cucumber vodka (I recommend Effen over Pearl), use Simply Limeade in place of lime juice and simple syrup, and use basil instead of mint leaves. Fabulous! It's like an alcohol version of Sassy Water!
- In the midst of reading The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte. If you're stuck in a rut or want to start something new but don't know how to go about it, I recommend using this book as your "get up and go!"
- I'm also about to dip into Fear of Flying by Erica Jong. It's our book club pick for August. As long as I'm talking about books, I should dedicate a blog post to some of my favorites. Yes, I think I shall do that sooner rather than later.
And that's all the news that's fit to print.
PS-- If you have some ideas on what I should do for an August giveaway, post them on the FB page. I'm a little stuck in a rut at the moment. :)